Art Deco Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from khogan16

khogan16

I made this a few weeks ago but just got around to taking a few pics. I like these pens they are nicely finished and have a good weight to them. I like the gold details and the shape. I wanted to know what everyone thought about the blank choice as well as the pen kit.
TIA

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

It's a beautiful blank and well made pen, but I'm not crazy about the kit... It's just a little too ornate for my taste.

PenWorks

Good looking pen. I bought some of these and the ball pens to bring with me to the LA show. Sold a few of the ball pens but none of the rollers or fountains. I think this kit lends itself better with alternative materials instead of wood. JMO Talked with David Broadwell at LA about it and told him it would have looked better without the jewel in it and just rounded over. He agreed and did not design it that way and wanted it left out as well. I give Penn State credit for at least trying new stuff. They seem to be coming up with new trim pieces and kits regularly.

Grizz

Banned
I like it. I think you put a nice piece of wood to highlight the pen.

angboy

This is the first time I've seen this kit, but I also am not too crazy about the kit. It seems to want to overpower the wood, which is beautiful and finished perfectly, but the centerband in particular, being so thick, just looks like too much to me and draws the eye away from the wood.

its_virgil

Your pen, wood choice, and workmahship are all very nice. You did a great job and thanks for sharing. I am liking this kit more and more. I just left David Broadwell's house (he lives close to me) and we were discussing this pen...not your pen but the kit itself. He and I both agree that his art deco kits and the nouveau kits look best when made with plastics...we think the kits look really nice with some of the truestone blanks. They just seem to lend themselves better to the "plastics era" from the past. Just some thoughts .... Keep up the good work.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I made this a few weeks ago but just got around to taking a few pics. I like these pens they are nicely finished and have a good weight to them. I like the gold details and the shape. I wanted to know what everyone thought about the blank choice as well as the pen kit.
TIA

khogan16

I agree the woods don't look too good with it. I usually hold put woods and acrylics up to my pen parts before I decide what I plan on using. This was a hard one, the red and wood blank just seemed to fit more so than the others.

I agree with everyone about the clip, I like it but I don't like the Jewel in it. Don you are a lucky guy to not only live close to david broadwell but to be able to just stop in and talk to him would be a great thing to me.

bitshird

I also think the kit would lend it's self to alternative materials like Acrylics or Trustone, but your pen is nothing to sneeze at, I think it looks real nice!!

its_virgil

I must agree with you. He lives about 2 miles from me...we attend the same church and have been friends for quite a few years now. He even comes over to my humble "pen kit" shop to talk shop and visit. He is a great person as well.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Don you are a lucky guy to not only live close to david broadwell but to be able to just stop in and talk to him would be a great thing to me.

Top Bottom