Art Deco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rich gubbin

rich gubbin

Hi all,
This is what i was doing last night. I think i may have left the barrel a little too fat as the clip is quite tight. Don't think this will be clipping on the shirt pocket. Comments, critique welcome.
rgrds
Rich

Attachments

• art deco.jpg
    art deco.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 406
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Great job on the pen and photo. There is nothing I can see wrong with the shape. The slight convex shape is just about right. Congratulations.
Charles

Flaturner

Nice

Good looking pen. I have been wanting to try the art deco. That is a style BIG in south Florida. Well done.

Woodlvr

Looks great from here. I have never seen this kit before. You did a great job matching the blank to the style and color of kit.

mrrichieboy

Nice job on the Art Deco pen....I've done a couple of them and they are striking pens. You have a very slight curve, which I like vs. going straight...it should not interfere with the clip. The Golden Nib also carries them here in the states. You can buy any PSI item through WoodTurningz.---Rich

76winger

First of all, It's a great looking pen!

I've made a few Art Deco's in both the ballpoint and Rollerball versions. The clips are fairly heavy-duty and thus do tend to be a little tight, so you have to be careful not to add much thickness at the point the clip contacts the body. If you ever turn the Majestics, you'll see a similar "feature" It's not bad, but you want to be careful not to over-do it on size in that contact area.

rich gubbin

Striking combination, nice work. Did you pour your own blank?

It was a shop bought blank, i did an Americana cigar last week and had one piece blow, out luckily i had a spare blank so i could salvage the kit. I thought the look of what i had left would suit this style of pen. I believe the blank is called Carmine.

Top Bottom