See more from Richard Gibson

Art Deco in Black w/white thread acrylic

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 446
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Great blank choice for the kit. I've done a couple of the Deco pens in wood, but I think these look a great deal better! Nice job

Nicely done Richard

Thank you Jeff. I just bought one of your blanks for the first time. (The Country Guitar). Can't wait to do it. It is going to be my personal pen. Kind words from you are highly appreciated especially for a guy that's only been turning for about 4 months :redface:

beck3906

I really hope you are joking. Our market here in Knoxville would not stand for that. I have it priced at $95.... :/

I've sold several pens in the Knoxville market for $120-$160. The market potential is huge there with the university and affluence of local business.

Don't undersell yourself. As was said about the fishing, you have a deep ocean to fish. You just have to cast your line.

While I'm unsure whether I like the kit or not, the work on it is fantastic. You really nailed that one. Perfect material and cut to match up to the kit.

I'm with you Doc. My personal taste would not be for this pen but I know there are many who like "gaudy" :) I really like the blank with this hardware.

OKLAHOMAN

Richard, I'm not a fan of the components but the blank is among one of my favorites and looks like you nailed fit and finish.

Richard, I'm not a fan of the components but the blank is among one of my favorites and looks like you nailed fit and finish.
Thank you Roy. I really appreciate the accolades and they truly have given me some much needed confidence. I really am a newbe at turning. I only started about 4 months ago but enjoy it a lot. I have done woodworking as a hobby for 35 years but never used a lathe.

I really like pens with a cap and rollerball. Never been a big fan of ball points. I don't personally like fountain pens but know there is a market for them. I need to make a few of those. I think I have just about exhausted PSI by making at least one of each of their higher end pens. Now it's time to began experimenting and begin creating my own stuff :)

Drstrangefart

Thank you Roy. I really appreciate the accolades and they truly have given me some much needed confidence. I really am a newbe at turning. I only started about 4 months ago but enjoy it a lot. I have done woodworking as a hobby for 35 years but never used a lathe.

I really like pens with a cap and rollerball. Never been a big fan of ball points. I don't personally like fountain pens but know there is a market for them. I need to make a few of those. I think I have just about exhausted PSI by making at least one of each of their higher end pens. Now it's time to began experimenting and begin creating my own stuff :)

Then now's the time to start finding blanks in odd places. I've used blue jeans, dice, glow in the dark polyclay, attempted to use an old lawn chair, belts, the world's your oyster. All I've done is Slims and a couple of Sierras. Looking forward to branching out in the immediate future.

Top Bottom