Art Deco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

Well I got one of the free bit, bushing, sleeve deals from PSI and I decided to give this kit a go. Here it is in Red Jasper Tru-Stone

decoredjaspersm.jpg

decoredjasper2sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

You did an outstanding job with the pen Hans..but when I see that kit I can't help think about the Queen standing in line for her Whopper!:biggrin: There's something about that pen..beyond ostentatious. I think the designer of the kit didn't know when to stop. Just because you can add more doesn't mean you should. The huge looking gold lines in the centerband and the swirls next to the threads are too much. I think those should have been left fairly plain and then the clip and finial would be the focal point. I do like how the clip and finial look.

broitblat

Hans, I think the red jasper is a good combination with that kit and you did an outstanding job on it. Thanks for sharing. It is ostentatious, but (some) folks like that. I've been thinking about trying the ballpoint version.

-Barry

hewunch

Jeff is right, there is a bunch of ornamentation on this kit. But that was what the Art Deco style was all about. Thanks for the kind words. I will say, PSI ships these and the Nuveo and the Majestic with 3 bushing sets. I wish they were 4 bushing sets like a Jr. But that is just my opinion.

Top Bottom