Arrow pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Turkhunter

Turkhunter

Almost have finished this arrow desk pen for a hunting buddy of mine. I still have to touch up the arrow head some. Asking what you think. I modified a desk pen kit from Woodcraft to make it work. Turkhunter

2008131201020_DSC03199.jpg

2008131201034_DSC03198.jpg

2008131201050_DSC03197.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rhahnfl

You know the saying... there are only two kinds...those who have cut themselves and those who have yet to cut themselves. That is a beautiful job. I'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive it.

stoneman

Very neat idea. I like it. Here are a couple thoughts that may be of interest. First, I use 2117 shafts (they fit the nib on slimline style nibs almost perfect). It looks like your nib may be a touch proud of the shaft? I use a section of 1916 shaft to sleeve between the 2117 shaft and the 7 mm tube. They all go together pretty smoothly with CA. Second, there is a material that might work well for you to install the broadhead to the antler. It is called All-Game and is a two part epoxy putty available from taxidermy supply houses (like Dan Chase at danchase.com). It mixes into a pliable epoxy putty and hold very well. It is a sort of light tan (antler like) color and can be sanded and/or stained. Dan Chase also carries an antler stain (potassium permanganate) that gives bleached antlers a very nice look as well.

Top Bottom