Arizona pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jskeen

jskeen

My Grandmother was born and raised in Arizona, and grew up around Rockhounds and Native American Art, especially jewelry. Back around the early 60's the far east import trade and the development of a commercial process to stabilize chalk turquoise almost killed out the market for genuine silver and gem quality turquoise jewelry. Not a fond association for her, so... I have been looking for something related but not called turquoise.

So..... I saw this Arizona Jade blank over on Bill's website, along with a warning label that said "you need a metal lathe to turn these. Of course that's like waving a red flag at a bull with me. Some people seem to think I have authority issues for some reason. Anyway, Yes, you can turn it on a wood lathe with standard tools, but they better be sharp!

Here it is, think she'll like it? Arizona Jade tru-stone on a sterling silver Sedona. Comments welcome, but yes, the photo tent is still packed so the photo is freehand.

Attachments

• PICT0126.jpg
    PICT0126.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 238
  • PICT0127.jpg
    PICT0127.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 214
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

LOOKS GREAT!!! I think people say it should be turned on a metal lathe just so we will buy it and prove them wrong:RockOn:. At least thats what happens to me. Anyway, nice work, smooth fit and finish.

Top Bottom