The Arizona Collection

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Been real busy trying to get some stuff done for the LA Pen Show next week. I finished a few pens in the Arizona Collection.

The pens are made from the rib of a Saguaro cactus. The pen rest is the actual saguaro rib.

200621233644_az_coll_cactus.jpg

These are the turquoise tru stone from CS. Same saguaro pen rest, there is a picture of a rib in the dried rough off to the right.

200621233818_az_coll_turq.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments allways welcome. [^]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice pens and a good idea, Anthony. I suppose you'll be adding some rattlesnake. What about the Petrified Forrest and Painted Desert?[:D]

Good luck at the LA Pen Show. I think that is one of the shows my friend David Broadwell attends.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Been real busy trying to get some stuff done for the LA Pen Show next week. I finished a few pens in the Arizona Collection.

The pens are made from the rib of a Saguaro cactus. The pen rest is the actual saguaro rib.

woodpens

Very nice, Anthony! Your work always has such class. If you ever need another outlet for your pens, don't hesitate to ask. [:)]

PenWorks

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Nice pens and a good idea, Anthony. I suppose you'll be adding some rattlesnake. What about the Petrified Forrest and Painted Desert?[:D]

I have several I finished and I cast some more today. You know, I got my last PR from Mr Fiberglass, the color was blue when it poured out and then turned green when I added the catylst. It did dry clear. Do you think it is the same stuff as Artstuff?

I will look for David, the photos I have seen of his work is fantastic.

<br />Been real busy trying to get some stuff done for the LA Pen Show next week. I finished a few pens in the Arizona Collection.

200621233644_az_coll_cactus.jpg
<br />

Hi Anthony,
I love the cactus...it's so light and fitting in colour for the hardware...wonderful to look at !!

These are the turquoise tru stone from CS. Same saguaro pen rest, there is a picture of a rib in the dried rough off to the right.

200621233818_az_coll_turq.jpg
<br />

its_virgil

<br />
<br />
I You know, I got my last PR from Mr Fiberglass, the color was blue when it poured out and then turned green when I added the catylst. It did dry clear. Do you think it is the same stuff as Artstuff?

I will look for David, the photos I have seen of his work is fantastic.

mick

Wow Anthony !! Great pens!! I like the Saguaro cactus a lot. If you ever have any extra of those blanks.....[:D]

PenWorks

Originally posted by Johnathan
<br />I'm amazed! Is the drying process long for the Saguaro?
1-2 years, depending on the weather outside, before you can think about bringing some indoors to finish drying.

wood-of-1kind

Hi Anthony,

nice work on the catcus pen (A-1 as always). How about routing a groove on the pen rest, it may help such a fine pen from rolling? Just a thought.

-Peter-

Excellent work and to think cactus. I like Wayne's ideas also. Enjoy the pen show. Just heard of a restaurant called Phillipe's in LA that is the home of the original French Dip sandwich. They recommend the pork as the best, tho they offer it in beef, lamb, & pork.

gerryr

Beautiful pens, Anthony. It's been quite a while since I've seen Saguaro up close, but I remember it looking pretty porous. Did it require a lot of CA?

dubdrvrkev

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Nice work as usual Anthony but if this is the Arizona collection you should have a golf club pen and one with the illusive sun engraved in it.

Wayne

Don't you mean the elusive rain? [;)] 100 and how many days since rain?

PenWorks

Here is a pic of my supply....This big baby went down the day after Christmas. This summer I will open up the body to start drying.

Wayne the cactus reminds me of my golf game,
since I hit most my shots into the desert [xx(]

Gerry, lots of CA while turning and a CA finish.

Peter, I hand filed a groove into the rest, I did such a good job, you can't see it [:p]

Thanks for the comments.

200621222108_down_cactus.jpg
<br />
About a 25 footer, the base had rotted out, then a gust of wind did the rest.

2006212221345_down_cactusbase.jpg
<br />
Close up of the inside ribs, How they stand I'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom