Argh!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dfurlano

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfurlano

So I spend most of this afternoon doing this and I screwed the dang thing up.... [V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V]

(click on images to make larger)

The grain is against each other and I could not disassamble the top cap to change it. So I thought I would show it anyways.[B)][B)][B)][B)]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

I did the exact same thing with my first set of skins. I was so excited to get it together and see it...well, you know how the rest goes. Took me about an hour, but I got it apart and reassembled the right way. Needless to say, I wasnt nearly as excited when I realized what i had just done.

Fangar

Lou...Except the cap won't post on the closed end...[:D]

I think the pen looks great. Really doesn't matter in my eye. But just out of curiosity, why can't you get the cap apart?

Fangar

Ron Mc

Dan, Looks good! Typically Baron caps are easy to undo. Do you have a set of punches?

dfurlano

I didn't use the bands on the cap because I didn't think it would look good. So the connector is about 3/16 further in then normal. I beat this till my hand was sore and I didn't even budge it. I'll try again later I was quite upset at the time.

Ron Mc

Dan,
Here is what I have done in the past on stubborn ones. Pop the clip end off, then use a hacksaw and cut the end of the bottom end off. Carefully not to touch the blank. Then you can take a knife or blade and cut the plastic thread insert on the inside of the barrel. At any given time you should be able to pull or tare it out with needle nose pliers. Then just replace with parts from another kit.
This may seem like a lot of work but I have been in your position [:(]and I'll be darned if I was going to let an error on my part change the appearance I wanted with the pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom