Area 51

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

Here's my newest space alien pen. It's an alien with his hands out to welcome you. A flying saucer with com stream flying around the planet earth. Difficult to capture all the action in a shot. The alien is actually a silver color but I can't capture it in this lighting. Inspired my Mars pens.

Attachments

• area51 003.jpg
    area51 003.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 345
  • area51 004.jpg
    area51 004.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 228
  • area51 005.jpg
    area51 005.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

INSANE I TELL YOU. HE HAS GONE MAD>>>> Great work Jeff. You keep raising the bar, some of us won't be able to see it anymore.

workinforwood

Thanks. It's so much cooler in person. My camera never seems to be able to snag those real details and colors. The alien is really a shimmering silver/grey. There is a subtle shimmer in the black and just a tiny touch of metallic flake in the sky. The images rotate around more than half the pen too, so it's impossible to catch it in one photo.

Don Gaiser

Hi Jeff, I am simply amazed by your work. My fav pen of your is the "fishing" pen.
Can you explain what is "scroll-sawing a pen"?
I mean, I see the designs and everything, but I can't get it through my head how you make a pen with a scroll saw.
Thanks!

mrburls

Jeff you just keep getting better and better every posting. But that is what is all about bettering yourself. Very nice work.

Keith "mrburls"

workinforwood

Hi Jeff, I am simply amazed by your work. My fav pen of your is the "fishing" pen.
Can you explain what is "scroll-sawing a pen"?
I mean, I see the designs and everything, but I can't get it through my head how you make a pen with a scroll saw.
Thanks!

I can't exactly help you too much Don. This is because my work is in the progress of being published. The fretwork type casting such as my dragon pen will be on the newstands in about 6-10 weeks. I can't say for sure what the date is, but it is Creative woodworks and crafts magazine. I have an article about casting in the next issue which comes out really soon and that is to prepare people for the two issues after that which are several scrolling techniques for pens. The first one will be the fret style and the issue following that will be how to make this style you see before you. This is why I don't write a tutorial, because I'm under paid contract not to. Once the articles are published, I can assist you with any questions.

Don Gaiser

Very cool!!!
Just be sure to lets us know when they come out. :)

I can't exactly help you too much Don. This is because my work is in the progress of being published. The fretwork type casting such as my dragon pen will be on the newstands in about 6-10 weeks. I can't say for sure what the date is, but it is Creative woodworks and crafts magazine. I have an article about casting in the next issue which comes out really soon and that is to prepare people for the two issues after that which are several scrolling techniques for pens. The first one will be the fret style and the issue following that will be how to make this style you see before you. This is why I don't write a tutorial, because I'm under paid contract not to. Once the articles are published, I can assist you with any questions.

Top Bottom