AR15 / M16 / M4

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Constant Laubscher

I have made this one in response to the AK47 from Last night.

Well it came out pretty good. Like I said before I try to put as much detail as possible on the kits and not just a black or brown inlay piece.

That does make the assembly more challenging but who want easy all the time?

Thanks for looking, and please comment good or bad that keeps me on my toes.:)

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Akula

to tell the truth, to me...it looks wrong

you got a body of a M-16 (or AR-15) but them stock and fore-grip look like they came off a AK rifle--they could be correct but just comes across to my eyes as wood...wood tells me Russian or Chinese flavors

Akula

not doubting you just to me, it looks wrong

might look better if the custom parts was not there and use a standard or stock look

one thing about black guns, enough mods out there to make them look any ways the owner wants

Akula

it's the oval slots that to my eyes, says Russian...M-16, M-4, AR-15 all have solid fore-grips (different vented look)

the stock does look like the M-4

That is actually called and M-4 carbine shorter version of the M-16

you beat me to it... That is an M4 Carbine with the collapsible stock.

It would be hard for it all to be black and have any level of detail I imagine, but it is called "the black gun"...

Looks like a Magpul rear stock also.

It is pretty neat how you do that!

Last edited:

woodgraver

Amazing work...I never could pass the shooting tests in the Navy, so I know nothing about guns, but I do understand how hard it is to make drawings and then cut them out of wood on the laser...exceptional work.

That is actually called and M-4 carbine shorter version of the M-16

you beat me to it... That is an M4 Carbine with the collapsible stock.

It would be hard for it all to be black and have any level of detail I imagine, but it is called "the black gun"...

Looks like a Magpie rear stock also.

It is pretty neat how you do that!
thumbnail.aspx

I have used a photo(color and little diferent barrel length) similar to this one and redraw it the whole thing, it took about 80 min for that and another 5 attempts to size all the pieces and make them fit correctly. I use the colors so you can get the detail and not just a black outline of the gun.
The browns, gray and black was just like the photo I have.

ohiococonut

The biggest problem I see is the grip is too fat and that makes it look like an AK. There's not enough curve on the back portion where the web of your hand should be.
I realize it's supposed to have a collapsible stock and round forearm but I would prefer to see them in black. And do away with the polymer mag, make it look like straight 20 round standard mil mag.
It all depends on which age group you're trying to appeal to. For the younger group, it's probably just fine.
Just my opinion.

Remember we are talking about an inlay 1.8" long and .6 high and you do not get contrast with just black. I shall do special orders with just a back inlay with the outline and shape of the gun. I am sure there are a 1000 opinions out there all the technical specs does not always work for inlay kits and it would never be a replica of the real deal, there is a lot that needs to be considered when making these kits unless you just want to fill the opening with wood or epoxy.

Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
AR 15 A1

Here is what my "old school" AR looks like, the newer ones have the rounded and ringed forearm.

Attachments

• Colt AR15 SP1.jpg
    Colt AR15 SP1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 101

sbell111

It all depends on which age group you're trying to appeal to. For the younger group, it's probably just fine.
Just my opinion.
I agree. Those of us who used M16 A1s and early A2s probably aren't going to love this blank. Younger guys probably would feel differently.

Last edited:

renowb

Gun? This is my weapon, this is my gun, one is for killing, one is for fun!

Just sayin....

Top Bottom