aquaperarl Baron experiment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Trapshooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapshooter

I thought I would try using a blank meant for a slimline with what I thought looked like my ugliest blank ( in case it did not work out)on a Baron. The blank looked ok to me after polishing it so I put it on a kit. Comments welcome, thanks for looking.

200510281131_ugly1.jpg

200510281214_ugly.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Thats really some wild stuff Scott, you shouldn't have any problem selling that. Where did you get the blank and what material is it? I've done a lot of the different plastics and don't really remember seeing that one.

Wayne

Trapshooter

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Where did you get the blank and what material is it?

Wayne

Thanks for the comments,that blank is part of an assortmant package I ordered from the fall 2005 catalog from Penn State. It is the red, blue, gold pre drilled Aquapearl Acrylic #AQP08 on page 52. My blank looked darker before turning than what is shown in the catalog, funny how the middle changes.

Dan

Scott,

That's between a $75 and $100 dollar pen here in the DC area - easy. Not my cup of coffee, but the young up-and-comers in and around Washington seem to go for the loudest, most unusual pens. A friend suggested it may be a statement against the re-introduction of corporate dress codes after all the casual wore off. Go figure!

Dan

Trapshooter

Originally posted by Dan
<br />Scott,

That's between a $75 and $100 dollar pen here in the DC area - easy.

Dan
Thanks, Wow, I would like to be in the DC area with this pen then. Most of my sales so far have been slimline pens, some sets, rangeing from $20 to $40.
I have only a few pens I would consider good enough to sell in a higher range however I don't think the area I am in will support the higher prices. Even so, I hope to improve my skills and inventory to approach our local jewler to see if I can supply them with my work.

Thanks for the ego boost[:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Scott,

How did you hold the blank to drill it? Did you drill on your lathe?

I have tried to use my DP and the blank (being round) is a PIA to hold and make the 7mm hole larger. I have succeeded on the lathe, and I have designed a holder for my DP (has sandpaper on the vise jaws). If others attempt "drilling out" these blanks, you may want to help them. (Or, let them suffer)[}:)][}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom