Aqua kitless fountain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

Aqua and white brooks blank. Jowo #6 ruthenium finish steel nib.

Attachments

• IMG_9084_lzn.jpg
    IMG_9084_lzn.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_9085_lzn.jpg
    IMG_9085_lzn.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_9086_lzn.jpg
    IMG_9086_lzn.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_9087_lzn.jpg
    IMG_9087_lzn.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_9088_lzn.jpg
    IMG_9088_lzn.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 161
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Big

Are you casting all the parts and threading them too? That is an absolutely gorgeous pen. I look forward to the day that I can try a fountain pen kit. I have much to learn before that happens though.

Carl Fisher

Hi Michael.

This is a full custom or "kitless" pen. The resin is Alumilite poured by Jonathon Brooks. The rest is all turned and hand threaded with tap and die by me.

Fountain pens are no different to turn than any other pen if you look at it from a kit perspective. There is a little learning curve for how to ink and tune the pen, but there is so much good information out there on that and once you have one in your hands to tweak on it really does become no different than turning any other type of pen. Nothing to be afraid of and I say just do it :) An Atrax or similar kit is a great place to start.

walshjp17

Another beauty, Carl. You seem to be fully engaged in the kitless genre now. Perhaps a demo on tap and dye/threading operations might be in order for an upcoming CPPG meeting.

How's the foot?

Carl Fisher

Foot is healing well. Still not much strength in that leg though. However I will likely have to go have the other one done in December so I may be out of the next meeting.

Otherwise I'd love to give a demo.

Top Bottom