Aqua Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NittanyLion

NittanyLion

This is a Wayne Ryan Blank I've named "Aqua Burl". Wayne does such a fantastic job on these blanks. Tubes painted a light blue, with custom finial.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2648.jpg
    IMG_2648.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_2623.jpg
    IMG_2623.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_2646.jpg
    IMG_2646.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 408
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JasonC

Nice!

I notice you said you painted the tube. What's your procedure for gluing to avoid voids between the tube and blank?

I'm fighting this right now and I've resorted to painting the inside of the blank which is much more time consuming than I'd like.

NittanyLion

Nice!

I notice you said you painted the tube. What's your procedure for gluing to avoid voids between the tube and blank?

I'm fighting this right now and I've resorted to painting the inside of the blank which is much more time consuming than I'd like.

Jason,

I paint my tubes with spraypaint, then color my epoxy with the same spraypaint. I'll usually step up my bit size 1/64. This has worked well for me, but I do not turn much acrylic.....just Wayne and Jonathon's blanks, and a few of my own.

wayneryan65

Just a little tid bit for painting tubes. I bought different colored Sharpies (the big ones) and color my tubes with those. Then I spray a little shellac or poly on them to keep the CA from disolving the sharpie ink. I also use acrylic spray paint as well as Steve does. Both ways work great

Top Bottom