Apprentice Submission PMG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Well I finally got around to submitting my Materpiece to the Pen Makers Guild. Recieved word today it was accepted. :) It is made from black ebonite, hand painted using metal powders under Enduro poly. Has my new friction fit cap design, using a metal ring. The nib will be replaced with a gold one as soon as I get my hands on it again!
Thanks for looking.

200561020134_masterpiece2.jpg

PenWorks

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Congratulations, Tony! I guess that means drinks are on you in Provo! [:D]

Something is wrong with that statement Lou. Why is it, the guy who get a hole in one , ends up loosing his ass in the clubhouse [:D]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by penworks
<br />
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Congratulations, Tony! I guess that means drinks are on you in Provo! [:D]

Something is wrong with that statement Lou. Why is it, the guy who get a hole in one , ends up loosing his ass in the clubhouse [:D]

I'm sorry, Tony just can't resist! If you LOOSE your ass in the clubhouse, you will probably clear the room! [:D]

Awesome pen, congratulations on your acceptance!

PenWorks

Originally posted by wdcav1952

I'm sorry, Tony just can't resist! If you LOOSE your ass in the clubhouse, you will probably clear the room! [:D]

William, I never really told you the truth and how that bathroom fire started. [:D]

Gary, I hope Margie didn't pitch that old autograph I sent her. [8D]

Thanks all for the comments.

PenWorks

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Atta boy Anthony!
Now, what's next?
Oh, I almost forgot!
NPGJ!

Eagle, it's been about three years since I did any pottery, almost starting to miss it. Got pottery burn out for awhile. I was thinking of dusting the ole kiln off and making some stone ware pens, what do you think?? I know they would be beautifull, the only reason I haven't started it, if you drop them.....well....you get the picture.
or pieces....[V]

Sure Don, you can buy me dinner [:D]

Chuck Key

Well, that was a no brainer for what I can see!

Chuckie

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Well I finally got around to submitting my Materpiece to the Pen Makers Guild. Recieved word today it was accepted. [:)] It is made from black ebonite, hand painted using metal powders under Enduro poly. Has my new friction fit cap design, using a metal ring. The nib will be replaced with a gold one as soon as I get my hands on it again!
Thanks for looking.

J. Fred Muggs

Let's see here, Tony. I remember some story a while back about a guy dumping some aromatic hyrocarbons down the john, then taking a seat to do his business, and on finishing his smoke tossing the butt(cigarette that is) between his legs into the toilet. He suffered severe burns about his private parts. When his wife heard the kaboom, she ran in discovered what he'd done, went hysterical with laughter and had a very hard time through all the laughing convincing the 911 operator that she had a real emergency. When the EMTs arrived they became so hysterical that they dropped the stretcher with the guy on it on their way down the driveway. This broke an arm and a collar bone. I don't remember all the details, but it got even worse.

Question is: Since you just admitted that you hadn't told us the whole story - Had you been cleaning up your Cave Creek Casting molds with acetone and after getting a little high ihaling all those aromatic hydrocarbon fumes attempt to re-enact the above story???[}:)][:eek:)][:D]

Come on now! You know that confession is good for the soul![:0]

Congrats Tony! Well Done!

Not to highjack your thread but. . .
Can you tell me about the Pen Makers Guild? I'm probalby the next person to hear about this guild.

PenWorks

Ron, I am probablly not the one to ask, being the newest member. There is a link on the front page of IAP that will take you to the Yahoo group and the PGM site.Anyone can join the Yahoo Penturners group and you have to submit for application into the PMG which focuses on taking pen making up a notch in design and materials. There are many members here that belong to the PMG.

Deere41h

Anthony...<b>Congratulations!!!</b> I am surprised that you haven't been accepted before this. You are an inspiration to us all.

By the way...Nice pen!!

woodscavenger

So tell us about the chrome ring? Where did that come from? BTW, I thought it was a given that you were already a PMG member. The turban top definitely would have gotten you in.

PenWorks

Originally posted by Tom McMillan
<br />Good job Anthony!!! Wish I could make Provo---you're so doggone generous with all those freebies---hmmmmmm maybe airfare next year. What a guy!!!!

Tom, I would gladly trade you airfare in exchange for your pens. Notice the emphasis on the word TRADE, not FREE [:D]

PenWorks

Thank you again for the well wishes, I like to think I bring somethng to the table that's worth looking at every now and then. Without finding IAP the knowledge, ideas and motivation that comes from this group, I would have never made a submission.

Shane, if you would start making pipes, you would recognize that ring. [:D] When I was at the pipe supply shop buying materials they have these nickle rings or bands in all sizes, they are used for decoration in the stem in pipe making. Well every time I look at stuff latlely, I think how can I use that in pen making. I was working on my friction fit caps when I saw these and thought they might work. after squishing several and ruining some others, I came up with a way. I just bought some smaller ones to do in a Baron/Jr size, but as you know, I have gotten side tracked lately putting my house back together. I hope to have something out by the first of July with them. Oh, they also have them in sterling silver and 14K gold, although a touch on the pricey side.

PenWorks

Originally posted by J. Fred Muggs
<br />
Come on now! You know that confession is good for the soul![:0]

Fred, It's only good when you have to make yourself right with the Lord. Any other time, its best kept to yourself [:D]

But, I do have a cousin (kinda hate to admit it sometime) that lights his farts at night, looks like a blow torch. I would put up big money on him against anybody in competion[:D] Your little story reminded me of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom