Apple Chrome Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woody350ep

woody350ep

Here is a pen that I had some troubles with. Of course, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? I hope that's true anyhow lol.

I had a nasty chipout on the upper barrel right as I was getting to final size. I was able to build up enough CA and then sand down to get it to shape, and it turned out like I suspected it would, with the blemished spot ending up conveniently under the clip. What are the odds? :wink: Anyhow, the other tube had some issues as well, such as a full length check that I thought would turn off but instead it went to the core. Filled that too, and here is the result. The wood is apple that I got from my Secret Santa (THANKS!), the pen is a Chrome Cigar.

100_1857800x600.jpg

100_1859800x600.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woody350ep

Papaturner - This is the only apple I have seen like this also. I have a couple others that are all the light colored wood. Mobilman must've had a weird tree I guess lol. Doesn't bother me any.

Cav - watch it now, that's my livelihood you're pokin' at!!!!! lol. Given today's events, I don't know if I'll have a job in a year....................

hazard

cool pen

My family used to own a apple orchard, about 2500 trees. I had some Cortland logs slabbed and you get that look below the crotch wood if I remember right. I can't imagine how many cords of wood I split that looked just like that. I still have some of the wood that I was going to make furniture out of. Cool stuff. To me it smells like crap though when I would cut it wet.

Chris

woody350ep

John - I did solve it, but I suck at those things. Being as its only 6 pieces, I think it still took me a good 1/2 hour to get it back together. Once I figured it out it was a piece of cake, but I still leave it together for safety's sake haha.

Chris - thanks for the info on the apple. I was curious if it was something like that. I can tell you that when dry, it didn't smell at all.

Top Bottom