Anyone care to take a guess?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rpasto92

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpasto92

I'm guessing I'm not the first to do this but I thought I would share anyway. Since we didn't want to find out the sex of the baby I had to make double the cigar pens to give away once the baby comes and I'll just assemble the correct color upon arrival. I got the cigar case at a local tobacco store for $1...add to that perhaps 25 cents worth of felt and spray adhesive and I got a nice case to present them in.

200681013100_Boy-Girl-Cigar-Pens.jpg

The material is a corian like product I get from a local manufacturer. I get it an inch thick from them so no glueing is ever needed:D

P.S. I will have 10 extra sets of engraved cigar barrels once this is done (pink or blue, don't know yet). I havn't decided what I want to do with them (keep for gifts, sell at craft shows) but if anyone is interested I'm open to offers. They would be unassembled with no parts.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rpasto92

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Have you considered changing the label in the box?[:D]
I wasn't going to change it because I really wanted the feel that I am giving away cigars. Also, the lid will not really be showcased as it is in this picture. The cigars will be in the box, not on it so I don't think anyone will really be looking. Plus it's all going to family and friends and they already know I make pens.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />"IMPORTED made by HAND"

somehow that label is just wrong especially when making a baby. made by HAND doesn't have a good ring to it.[}:)]

-Peter-
Thanks,if I had said that it may have been misinterperated.[:eek:)]

wood-of-1kind

<br />
somehow that label is just wrong especially when making a baby. made by HAND doesn't have a good ring to it.[}:)]
-Peter-

Eagle, it's not HOW you say it but who says it that often lands a person in hot water.
-Peter-[:)]

rpasto92

The suggestion on the label is duely noted and if I were to package up a set of these to sell, with the case, I would probably replace it with my name and logo. For now though, I'm just going to leave that as if. If I bought that same case of cigars filled with the $8/ea cigars and handed those out there would be no question on the label so all I'm doing is replacing one kind of cigar with another.

P.S. I do get the joke with the HAND made...normally that would be something I would think of too and I'm disappointed in myself for not noticing it before you.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
<br />
<br />
-Peter-

Eagle, it's not HOW you say it but who says it that often lands a person in hot water.
-Peter-[:)]
Yeah, I have noticed that.[:eek:)]

DFM

A word of caution, I stored a few pens inside a cedar cigar box for a period of time in a room that the temperature was a little warmer than typical room temp. The pen developed a thick sticky coating that I assume was from the resins and oils from the cedar box. The sticky film developed in less than a month. The cigar box had trays for individual cigars which I thought would be great for pen storage.

angboy

Originally posted by Penmonkey
<br />I don't think I'd do anything about the the hand-made, it's true, isn't it? Am I wrong? Is there something I don't know[?]

Well since you're a young 'un, you likely DO know, probably better than others on this thread, or at least you likely more frequently do know! [}:)][}:)]

Are you more confused than ever now? [:D]

jthompson1995

Congrats on you upcoming addition. My wife is due with our third in about a month, I wish I had come up with this idea. Maybe I'll "borrow" it and make some for the new arrival. We did find out it's a boy (3rd) so I wouldn't have to make tow sets. Best wishes for your family.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom