Antler and stuff off the floor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dwarmbrodt

dwarmbrodt

OK, I was commissioned to make a pen for a friend of my sister out in Idaho using antler from a father/son hunt 20 years ago. The friend is the son wanting it for his dad. Made it and as a surprise I made a matching one for him. All good, and when he brought them home his young son drooled over grampas pen.... so when I heard that I had a few scrap antler pieces left over from the job and thought I would make a cheap pen using it and a bunch of those end cut offs from blanks I am sure we all have a bunch of. So here it is, from top down box elder, Turkish walnut, antler, canary, Honduras rosewood, BOW, cocobolo and antler. I think a young boy will like it. C&C welcome, but hey, it is made from all scrap.
Doug

Attachments

• 100_1787.jpg
    100_1787.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 320
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Great Pen. love the smorgasboard of materials.
Terrific alignment of the segments, your Fit and Finish is beautiful.
I am sure he will think it is as Great as his Grandfathers.
Congratulations Doug,
Brian.

dwarmbrodt

Thanks all!
It occurred to me that I have material from several continents in this pen. What would it take to make a pen with material from all 7 continents? Antarctica will be hard... How about a friendly challenge to all to make a "global" themed pen? When I was a kid I had a world map in my room I would look at and day dream away (simple times). What kind of inspiration would it be for a kid to have a nice pen with such international significance?

Top Bottom