Antler Shed...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbthbt

jbthbt

I normally use much fresher antlers to avoid the cracks and damage caused by the sun, but we found quite a few on a recent job and I figured I'd do something different with them. Forgive the horrible picture quality, I just snapped it with my phone in a hurry. I'm pleased with the results. It's a baron Sterling Silver Gel Roller finished in CA. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

I use quite a bit of antler that has weathered and cracked. It has a different look from the normal "still on the critter when it died" type, but can still be quite cool looking. I find a dye job with a little potassium permangenate solution can turn it back to a nice brown before turning, if you prefer that look too.

penmaker1967

very nice pens i use old and new antler it dont matter to me i think it turns just as good and i use a brown dye to make them look more natural

jbthbt

It's actually really comfortable in your hand. I have short fat little hands so I imagine that most anyone with anything but super small hands could find a position they were comfortable with.

Top Bottom