Antler Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Roy99664

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy99664

I received a last minute request for a Desk Pen and Stand for a Xmas present. With no pen funnels on hand, here is what I came up with. Hope they like it because time has run out.

2006121922541_PICT0011.jpg

2006121922716_PICT0020.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Beautiful. How did you attach the cartridge to the swivel and mount it to the oiece of horn? Keep up the good work.

Mike

Roy99664

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Yes, the stand is antler also. I believe there is a name for that part, "rosette" or some such.

It's a slimline kit turned with a pin chuck.

It doesn't swivel it is fixed in that position. I used a brass cup hook and trimmed some of the hook off and inserted it through the primer hole and filled the primer cavity with epoxy. When that was dry I poured a small amount of epoxy into the cartridge itself to epoxy the tiny nub that I left inside. So it's glued in from two sides. Hope it's strong enough. The screw end is screwed into a drilled hole in the stand. I added epoxy to the threads of the screw as well.

rtgleck

You know, I think that looks better than the ones you can buy as far as a pen stand goes. Looks very good and unique. As said before, if the person you made it for doesn't like it, let me know and I'll take it off your hands. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom