Antler hiding in the desert southwest...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

Believe it or not, this is an antler from whitetail deer in south Arkansas! The trouble started yesterday when I tried to glue the tubes in....one of the tubes stuck about halfway in & I grabbed a hammer to "gently" tap it in! It didn't budge...so i just mashed it flat & thought "boy this project is going south & is all haywire....Today I fixed a new tube & another piece of antler and turned them down around noon! The new piece was very green in color next to the other piece so I thought...what the heck...I will just stain it (blue is my favorite color)..But I had forgotten that this piece was "snake bit"! The blue stain actually looked great so I quickly put on several coats of CA & went to lunch! I came back & proceeded to wet sand & the CA wadded up like dough...I sanded it all the way back down to the antler & the blue stain now looks horrible...soooo.. I rub on some red & it looks worse, then some green, then some yellow...Well, I now hav too much time involved in it to chunk it so I try another series of CA applications & decide that it kinda looks like the desert southwest...
end of story... :cowboy:

Attachments

• DEERA.jpg
    DEERA.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 287
  • DEERB.jpg
    DEERB.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 320
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

You made a bust into a unique one of a kind. nice save. Are you going to try that again?

JohnU

I think its one of those times when your just trying something new and you don't realize how good it is until its all finished. I really like the colors and think they work perfect with the South West components, resembling a sand picture. You better get your antler ready, I can see this being a big seller!

Top Bottom