Antler Double barrel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Tried something different,Rifle clip was too much so I stayed with a basic clip,thanks for looking,and yes comments are welcome!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
G

There are 2 different size casings on this one .The casing for the nib is a little larger than 8 mm I think.The cap is just a hair larger than the tube.
You get real good at turnniing small tenons.

woodscavenger

I like the simpler style with the clip. Makes it a little classier than the rifle clip IMHO. It still blows me away how well you make that stuff match up. Keep up the good work!

G

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />I like the simpler style with the clip. Makes it a little classier than the rifle clip IMHO. It still blows me away how well you make that stuff match up. Keep up the good work!
It is all done on a Jet mini lathe(I don't have a machine lathe.
My chisels for the most part come from Chiina or Taiwan.(Harbor Freight or flea market.I do a lot with wood carving chisels I have reground.
I would guess all my chisels combined wouln't add up to $50.00.I may have a woodcraft skew.
I do most of my sharpening on a diamond stone I keep right by the lathe.I didn't know brass would be this hard.

G

Originally posted by KKingery
<br />Very nice Eagle - You really seem to have the gift for making those!
Hey! What about my gift for making dungaree pens?[^]
The Hunters pens have been done before and I marveled at them when I saw them.I read somewhere that someone was going to write an article about them but the planets were in alignment I got some casings, found out what collet chucks cost,could afford one, did a little resarch made my own "tool"(more than once and still working on that) and just "did it."

tipusnr

I think I like these the best of the shell pens I've seen. No attempt to hide what the are and no "gimmick" additions. The wood is used as an accent! Well done!

G

Tip=
I'm working on something now I think you'll get a kick out of.
Based on something you said a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom