Antler, Decals, Bolts and a lever, Oh my!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RODNEYBREAN

RODNEYBREAN

A group of Antler pens I did for a show this past weekend. I'm trying some new decals. Let me know which ones you like or don't like. Always interested in comments or ways I can improve. All Deer Antler and CA finish. Thanks,
Rodney

Attachments

• ANTLER 009.jpg
    ANTLER 009.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 318
  • ANTLER 013.jpg
    ANTLER 013.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 427
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Now all you need are "lions, tigers, and bears" Oh My.
Oh and those are some fine looking pens too.
Curt

RKB

Really nice group of pens. :biggrin: Are those bullet nibs fluted?? Where did you get those?

Rod

Brian Frank

Hi Rodney,

Very cool Pens. I have yet to turn an Antler. It is on my list. Where did you get the decals? Another thing on list to try.

Brian

RODNEYBREAN

Brian,

I make my own decals. I use a Inkjet printer and water slide decals. I finish the Antler with CA, polish with Micromesh apply the decal then put more CA over the decal and polish again.

Rodney

CREID

Brian,

I make my own decals. I use a Inkjet printer and water slide decals. I finish the Antler with CA, polish with Micromesh apply the decal then put more CA over the decal and polish again.

Rodney
I would like to get into the decal thing. So I have questions. For now it is about the printer. I've never looked into this (probably because I spent my entire adult life working for ink companies and dealing with pigments and also dealing with how lightfast different pigments are) but are the inks used in all inkjet printers Fade Resistant. I'm pretty much over the work thing but if I have to I can look up what pigments they use or if they even use pigments (they may use dies, which would worry me) and check the pigments themselves. Btw, if they are using actual pigments and not dies, black and blue should be great, it is the red and yellow that concern me, especially if there really is magenta in that magenta cartridge.
Curt

PapaTim

Sorry Rodney, I tried to help you with the "Let me know which ones you like or don't like." but I couldn't see any I don't like. :)

CREID, pigment or dye in printer inks depends on the brand and often the model of the printer. A search on your particular brand and model should get you that info. Most Canon and HP printers use dye based inks but they also have models that use pigments. Dye based are supposed to fade fairly quickly but I have photo's I printed over 20 years ago that still have rich and vibrant color.

Last edited:
Top Bottom