Antler Classic Twist with Natural Texture

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

This is made from whitetail antler. I drilled it close to the edge along the lower main beam where it curves, to allow for the natural texture to show. It was a young deer with small antlers so the marrow was small and I didnt have to turn much down. I finished with micro mesh, spray lacquer and EEE paste. I made it for my dad, who loves his deer hunting. All comments welcome.

Attachments

• Classic Twist Antler.JPG
    Classic Twist Antler.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 234
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MobilMan

Real nice. I also like your choice of kits for it. That was a good idea, leaving some of the natural showing. Go nice with a rifle clip. Dad will be more than proud.

PaulDoug

I always try to leave some bark, but it just doesn't always work out. Nice job. Your Dad should be very happy with that one.

jskeen

I like that combination of kit and material too. Nicely done. I gotta say that I like it better with the stock clip than with one of the specialty clips. They may sell like hotcakes, I don't know, but all look akward and off balance to me. The rifle especially seems odd with the narrow barrel at the top and the wide stock at the bottom. But hey, it's an opinion and you know what they say about those.

James

Top Bottom