Antler Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

This one is for a co-worker who gave me some antler. The points were amazingly straight. Kirk [8D]

2004118221117_antler%20in%20cigar.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Nice job kirt, I do allot of elk antler, but am out of it. I to have been given all the antler in exchange for a pen. What a deal for us. I have been looking at the prices of this stuff latley, pretty pricey when you have to buy it. Anthony

WoodChucker

Originally posted by jkirkb94
<br />Could it be the where the deer come from? Mine are from deer here in Oklahoma. Kirk [8D]

That could be it, never really thought about it. The antler I used was from a deer that I got 15 years ago, so maybe it's just old age too?

R.T.

jkirkb94

Mark you're right about the smell [xx(]. Ugh! Had to go to my respirator mask and it barely got rid of it. Lucky it was a nice day out and I could leave the shop doors open. Kirk [8D]

its_virgil

I have made quite a few antler pens and have bought very little. I especially like axis deer anler and elk. Axis antler is almost all enamel with a tiny vein of bone marrow which drill out and makes a very nice pen. Elk is almost all bone marrow, so smaller diameter is desired. But the marrow can be filled with CA and the bone marrow makes some stunning purple/reddish coloring that my humter friends love. Neither of these (axis or elk) are available in NW Texas so I purchase them from a hunting/fishing guide who is also an antler dealer. I have fished with him the last 4 summers and he is fair and honest and knows what we want for pen making. He will ship it to you and if it does not fit you needs, you can return it and he will ship more. No website but here is his mailing address and phone number. I have no interest in this business, just like what he has sold me. I will email Jeff the info and he can put it somewhere permanent.
Do a good turn daily!~
Don

Paul Rector--Antler Dealer
All kinds of antler including AXIS DEER antler. Contact: Paul Rector; P.O. Box 714: Chama NM 87520; Phone (505) 756-2682

Originally posted by jkirkb94
<br />This one is for a co-worker who gave me some antler. The points were amazingly straight. Kirk [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom