Antler Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stevej72

Stevej72

I made this pen as part of an order of 14 pens for a wholesale customer. It has some unusual red coloring to it so I posted a question under Penturning. After reading the responses I decided to either keep it for myself of sell it at a higher price to a retail customer

It is deer antler with black titanium.

2008211173747_02%2011%2008_0278_edited-1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

I think it looks really cool with that naturally occurring red in there. Are you sure you weren’t drinking a little wine when you where turning this one?[:0]

bitshird

Steve, I was working on an antler top for a cartridge pen last night and as I turned in there was alot of red, this antler was over a year old off of an early season kill, Probably in full rut, I think that has something to do with the blood flow getting in to the antler, Sheds happen when the blood flow ceases to go to the base of the antler and I don't see much color in them. any way, I read on Yahoo about bleaching antler with house hold variety Hydrogen Peroxide, I tried it because the piece had way too much red showing,I soaked it over night and all the red is gone, and it almost looks like Ivory, ;);)
By the way Nice pen, [^]

Stevej72

Thanks for all the nice comments. After reading these it definately won't go to my wholesale customer.

Tim, it is indeed an honor to be your 1000th post! Thank you very much.

Top Bottom