antler blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from glennw

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennw

I am new to turning pens and i have no access to antler blanks were i am at. at least not that i know of. can any one help me i will pay for it plus and shipping. thanks for reading and any help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I don't need to purchase much antler cause I can get it for free, but when I do need to purchase something special I call an antler buyer who I use for a fishing guide in New Mexico. His name is Paul Rector, PO Box 714, Chama, New Mexico, 87520. His phone number is (505) 756- 2682. He also guide elk hunts and may be busy this time of year, but he has always returned phone calls in a timely manner.

HUT and Penn State sell antler...some in blank size and some in rack form. There are always cut antler pieces on ebay. Unless you live in the desert or the middle an ocean, there should be some kind of deer huting somewhere near by, or surely you work with, go to church with, play golf with, or do whatever your do with someone who does deer hunt. Ask around...you may be surprised how much antlere there is just lying in someone's garage.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by glennw
<br />I am new to turning pens and i have no access to antler blanks were i am at. at least not that i know of. can any one help me i will pay for it plus and shipping. thanks for reading and any help.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
They have deer in Key West( well reall tall dogs) so there are probably deer where live or within driving distance.

rtparso

Heck I live in the Upper Chihuahuan Desert and there a mule deer all over. As a mater of fact since the mountains around here are over run with mountain lions and elk are moving the good deer hunting is out in the open desert. Big racks too because of the calcium in their diet.

Dario

I just need to look better...I know there is a source here in San Antonio somewhere [}:)].

One day I'll try turning antler [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom