Antler/308 Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penmonkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penmonkey

I love making pens like this.
DSC05390web.jpg

What do you think about it? All comments welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

underdog

That's one of the better cartridge pens I've seen. Most of the time, I just don't care for 'em, but this antler is well matched and proportional to the cartridge. Good job!

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Penmonkey
<br />
Originally posted by Chuck Key
<br />

Those are pretty cool. How do you make them?

You are funny.[:D]

Do you really want to know? I can email you some pictures of me working on one like it and explain it to you if you like.

No, no need to send pictures. After a second look at the photo I believe I can figure it out.

I really do like it [:)]

Chuckie

airrat

Looks great. One question, when drilling what do you use to hold it. I have drilled a couple and they get scratched when the drill bit catches. I was going to try wrapping it with the rough side of some leather. That way if it catches and spins it would polish it. I hope.

Penmonkey

Originally posted by airrat
<br />Looks great. One question, when drilling what do you use to hold it. I have drilled a couple and they get scratched when the drill bit catches. I was going to try wrapping it with the rough side of some leather. That way if it catches and spins it would polish it. I hope.

It would be very hard to drill it right on a drill press. I use my beale collete chuck on my lathe with a 3/8 collete holding down on the case. Works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom