Anti-Pimp Majestic FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

This is a pen I've had in my mind to make for quite some time now. I can't stand the pimp crystal on this kit so I got rid of it and made it one cool cat instead. While I was at it and knocked out both finials and turned my own. The blank is a black onyx truestone from R&B Crafts. I was able to squeeze everything into 1 blank. It was alot of tedious work and I think I ran the batteries dead in my digital calipers making sure I had everything perfect. I had a blast making this pen and I can't wait to do another (already got the pimp crystal out!) All parts were MM to 12000, Buffed with Tripoli and White Diamond, and polished with PlastX. I made this pen as a special gift for the Pastor who will be officiating my wedding on the 22nd. I have a hunch that he will appreciate it greatly. Thanks for looking and as always any comments/critiques/questions appreciated! Also, all the little white dots on some of the pics are reflections...I'll try to take some more pics in the morning in the daylight. Who knows....maybe this one will grace the front page :confused:

Attachments

• 100_6415.jpg
    100_6415.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 552
  • 100_6434.jpg
    100_6434.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 301
  • 100_6424.jpg
    100_6424.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_6429.jpg
    100_6429.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 100_6428.jpg
    100_6428.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 312

witz1976

Wow, that is really nice! It probably would have been cool by just removing the pimp crystal, but getting adding your own finials as well is well...uber cool! Great job!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Turning the finial and the replacement piece for the clip really brings the pen together. Very good job. Mike

Mark

Very nice. I like the modifications, much better than the stock product. Congrats on a pen well done....

juteck

I've been sitting on one of these kits since last fall and didn't know what to do with it. Yours gives me some inspiration to get it moving. Excellent work!!

jskeen

I gotta agree, great improvement over the stock kit, and you nailed the execution on all of it. The curve of the barrel blank looks to match the angle of the bottom cap perfectly, yet does not look out of place with the almost straight top, and that's a tough match to make. My only question, did you intentionally reduce the radii of the cap finial more than the bottom one, or were you running short of blank? Or is that a photographic effect?

bgibb42

That's a great looking pen. Even more impressive, at least to me, is you got it all out of one blank!:eek:

Brooks803

I am a lucky guy :biggrin:

Yes you are Hans (btw, if you haven't figured it out yet Hans here is the Pastor officiating my wedding)...I went ahead and posted this so you'll have something to drool over till next weekend! You're earning it, trust me :wink:.

I gotta agree, great improvement over the stock kit, and you nailed the execution on all of it. The curve of the barrel blank looks to match the angle of the bottom cap perfectly, yet does not look out of place with the almost straight top, and that's a tough match to make. My only question, did you intentionally reduce the radii of the cap finial more than the bottom one, or were you running short of blank? Or is that a photographic effect?

Thanks! All the cuts were intentional. I did almost run out of blank, but I made it exactly how I imagined it. With the replaced crystal having a more round shape I wanted to compliment that by keeping the same shape on the bottom finial. With the cap finial I wanted to keep it closer to the curve of the barrels. I didn't want to have the clip accent looking out of place by being a bit bulgy by itself.

Brooks803

That's a great looking pen. Even more impressive, at least to me, is you got it all out of one blank!:eek:

Believe me when I say that it was TIGHT! I've never been so nervous drilling a blank before this!! I maybe had a lil over 1/8" left over. I do have to give Butch a thank you though, his challenge made me rethink on how to cut the blank by parting everything off, so the blank never left my chuck until i was ready to turn. That way everything was cut and drilled at the same angles. I even went as far as removing all the accent bands and removed the centerband from the threads and changing everything on this one but I'm saving those mods for another pen, I wanted to keep this one classy.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Let me see if I can get this straight......:biggrin::confused:

The 2nd Place Winner of the Losers Contest is being married by the 2nd Place Freestyle Contest winner. Sounds like you are both about to get the 1st place prizes after all:biggrin:

Hope the wedding goes well Jon.:biggrin:

Brooks803

Nice work all around. How did you remove the crystal:confused: Thanks for showing.

I was able to take the crystal out of two kits. One I was very careful picking it out with a sturdy dental pick and the other I lucked out bc they glued it in crooked so I could get underneath it very easily. I didn't soak it in acetone like Roy did.

Nice work Jonathon! Now, you and Roy can start a new reality TV show called "Unpimp My Pen"

There's an idea...we'll drive around in a bakelite convertable. I also owe you a big thanks Andy. You sent me the tubes to make this all possible in the 1st place!

Let me see if I can get this straight......:biggrin::confused:

The 2nd Place Winner of the Losers Contest is being married by the 2nd Place Freestyle Contest winner. Sounds like you are both about to get the 1st place prizes after all:biggrin:

Hope the wedding goes well Jon.:biggrin:

Ahhh....but you are forgetting one crucial point Skippy. I'm also marrying the 1st place winner of the begginners contest!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ahhh....but you are forgetting one crucial point Skippy. I'm also marrying the 1st place winner of the begginners contest!

Are you serious?? You and Elizebeth?? That's cool!!! :biggrin: This is getting better all the time!!! Congrats all round in advance!!:biggrin:

Rfturner

it looks great I like the look of it I think that the pimp crysta; would have taken away from the pen. Great Job and congrats on your upcoming wedding

PenMan1

Looks really nice, with great photo choices too. I really like your mods you did. BUT...I am rather partial to the current front page choice and hope it stays up forever.:)

Hey Jonathon:
Sound like you and Roy may have to take the "Bakelite Cadillac" up to Michigan and "unpimp" ol Jeff in your first episode of Unpimp My Pen:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Brooks803

Are you serious?? You and Elizebeth?? That's cool!!! :biggrin: This is getting better all the time!!! Congrats all round in advance!!:biggrin:

Thats the one!

Hey Hans! When you sign the Marriage Certificat make sure that Jonathon didn't load that sucker with disappearing ink:)

I wouldn't do a thing like that :devil::wink: well....maybe I would :tongue:

Hey Jonathon:
Sound like you and Roy may have to take the "Bakelite Cadillac" up to Michigan and "unpimp" ol Jeff in your first episode of Unpimp My Pen:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We'll ride up there and threaten to mount all the saved crystals on his scroll saws unless he pays us in bakelite, caesin, or 700yr old chinese chair wood :biggrin::tongue::laugh:

ldb2000

Wow , I almost missed this one . Great job on it . Very elegant looking in Dress Black . I love the mods but I still like the crystal , go figure :biggrin: . Congrats on your upcoming Wedding and may you and Elizabeth have many happy and healthy years together . I know Hans is gonna love the pen .

Brooks803

Took some more pics just now outside, I think they look a bit better on a white background.

Attachments

• 100_6453.jpg
    100_6453.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_6462.jpg
    100_6462.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_6474.jpg
    100_6474.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_6476.jpg
    100_6476.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 121

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Great work on that beautiful pen! Wow!

And congrats on your upcoming wedding. My best to you and Elizabeth.

Top Bottom