Another Zen stamp pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

This is the only pen I got done today.I thought it would only take me 45 minutes or so to get done.......a couple of hours (!) later,I finally got it right.I don't give up,just dig deeper!

I think pens like these that fight you end up being more special in your memory because of the battle.

These are 1978 Berlin,Germany floral stamps.The words say "Deutsche Bundespost Berlin" & also "Wohlfahrtsmarke 1978", I wish I could translate.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_4623.JPG
    IMG_4623.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4607.JPG
    IMG_4607.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4622.JPG
    IMG_4622.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4611.JPG
    IMG_4611.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 101
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mharvey

you have got to share that technique...perfect...and how did you prevent curling...what glue...stamp to paper...or stamp to tube?

Alzey

Deutsche Bundespost is German Post Office. The government agency delivers mail and is the national phone company. It is also where you pay your utility bills and speeding tickets DAMHIKT ;)

ossaguy

Thanks for the kind words,& the translation.That got me to reading up on what a charity stamp is.Pretty interesting,they sell the stamps and part of the proceeds goes toward a specific charity.

That seems like a pretty noble idea.Here I just picked them out because they look so beautiful.

I can now understand the fun of collecting stamps.there are so many different ones out there,in so many themes & countries.I like it because it gets you thinking about how big our world is outside of our own back yard,& all the history there.Pretty neat,I think.

Thanks again,
Steve

Top Bottom