Another Victor-cast, possibly our best so far.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

251807_391233844270020_1202646294_n.jpg

3081_391233877603350_2130939371_n.jpg

I wanted to see what was inside this blank, so I went for it on a stretched Cigar. I reverse painted a baby blue, but the unaltered tint to the fiberglass resin gave it a greenish tint. This was probably the best blank we cast so far. It had good consistency, no rifts and only one bubble worth mentioning. I'm still trying to get a good handle on getting an acceptable finish on this stuff. It's a little funky in that department. I didn't want to do what I usually do and sand it down before polishing because the last few times I did that on the fiberglass resin, it didn't go so well. I know I still have some leftover marks on it, I just have to try a more aggressive approach on the next one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jjartwood

If it's Body Shop resin,try some Body shop techniques maybe,
Rubbing compound and hand glaze?
Just a thought,pretty cool application of resin though,nice blank.

Drstrangefart

If it's Body Shop resin,try some Body shop techniques maybe,
Rubbing compound and hand glaze?
Just a thought,pretty cool application of resin though,nice blank.

I'll look at it. It may be just getting REALLY careful with the skew(Still learning how to do that) and then spending a lot of time on the first MicroMesh pad. The resin comes from Home Depot. It's like 35 bucks a gallon which was what prompted us to venture into this territory to begin with.

toddlajoie

That is a fantastic pattern and colors!!!!! I agree that (at least for me) this is by far the best looking blank I remember seeing you post...

Top Bottom