Another Try

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JRowan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRowan

Ok, so now it is telling me that to post pics in a post they have to be under 90kb.

Anyway there is a new pic in my album.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

Here is your photo reduced to 600 pixels wide. That should be all that is needed. I also lightened it up slightly in Paint Shop Pro. Reducing it to this size also got it below the 90k limit.

200523174326_BOWPFConv.jpg

What kind of camera are you using? We should be able to get it to look better or sharper with better lighting and focus.

C_Ludwigsen

J, try this. I am inserting an IMG link to your picture in your album. It should function the same as embedding the image while.

1. Only making you upload it once.
2. Negating the secondary size restriction.

** Note: I agree with Jim that you should resize it to somewhere between 600-750 pixels wide prior to uploading to your album.

To do this...

1. Post the image to your album
2. View the image FROM your album full size
3. Right click and select 'Properties'
4. Copy the URL reference by double-clicking on the address and hitting Ctrl-C.
5. Insert an Image tag (IMG and /IMG with brackets) and paste the URL address between them. Here is an example with parentheses instead of brakets.

(IMG)http://www.penturners.org/oldalbums/JRowan/Bethlehem%20Olive%20Wood%20Perfect%20Fit%20Convertible%202.jpg(/IMG)

m%20Olive%20Wood%20Perfect%20Fit%20Convertible%202.jpg

pen-turners

Does your camera have a macro setting???? This will make all the difference in the world if you get close in on the pen. Import it into your favorite image editor and then crop it. After cropping, I usually reduce the size to 6" wide and change the dpi to 96. This seems to be the perfect size for posts. If it is still too big to upload, just tweak the size areound a little until it comes down enough. Hope this helps.

Chris

Originally posted by JRowan
<br />Ok, so now it is telling me that to post pics in a post they have to be under 90kb.

Anyway there is a new pic in my album.

JRowan

Chris, yes my camera (Vivatar ViviCam #3705B) has the macro setting and that is what I had it set to. Had the pen on my workbench and camera was about 1' away. I have a tripod somewhere (in my hunting stuff) that I need to dig out and see if that will help.

Been turning pens since middle of Oct. or so and didn't get the camera till late Nov. I may just stick with the pen turning. At least I know I can do that right most of the time.

I have been using HP Image Zone to adjust size of the pics. In that program, as you are adjusting size it tells you there on the screen the "Estimated Size". Well I adjusted to 148.80 KB and posted my first pic here the other day and it shows up really really small. When I went back to HP and checked on the properties it shows up at 32 KB. This is after telling me it was 148.8.

I only have about 8 hairs left on top of my ole noggin, and if work this next week doesn't take them all I may try the pic deal some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom