Another for today.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

This is going to be addictive!
Had another Black Titanium Fountain Pen kit from ArizShiloutte and a really nice piece of Lapo(Harold in CR...this stuff is great). So what to do, why let's sniff some more CA fumes(that's getting really old by the way)....

Anyway.....
icon_worthless.gif

Close-up:
LapoFountainPen001.jpg

And the whole thing:
LapoFountainPen002.jpg

Now to learn the clip thing...comments/critique?

Scott (thanks for looking) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

I agree, the shape of this one is sopt on! You really captured the lines on this and it's a solid looking turn. I'm getting hungry for some of those pin chucks.

CharlesH

Scott,

I really like that pen!!! :)

How do you chuck your pen to finish the end can you show me with pictures? I have been trying lately without much success! :)

Charles

SDB777

Scott,

I really like that pen!!! :)

How do you chuck your pen to finish the end can you show me with pictures? I have been trying lately without much success! :)

Charles

Had the photo's done the other day, but got 'sidetracked'....again.

I use with drill chuck to hold the pin chuck:
100_1645.jpg

The blank w/tube is slid on the end of the chuck, and a 'pin' is put on the flat spot: (tried to show the pin sitting on the pin chuck, but it wouldn't stay while I took the photo)
100_1646.jpg

Then slide the tube/blank the rest of the way onto the pin chuck, hold the headstck(so the piece doesn't turn) and give it a slight twist...locking the blank in place on the pin chuck:
100_1647.jpg

The only way for the blank/tube to be removed is to hold the headstock and twist the opposite direction. Hope this helped some?

Scott (thanks for the nice words) B

BSea

WOW Scott. I just saw this one. Very Nice. And I agree with Ruby Pen Turning. I like the taper on this one better. And I should have my pin chucks today. Can't wait to try them out.

SDB777

Well, this is like the 6th time I've eye-humped this one since it was posted. Looks awesome.

Dude, that just sounds wrong in so many ways........but funny:eek:

Thanks for the kind words, if I can get my lathe back on the table that the wife has claimed to be her PR casting table, I'll make some more! Been eyeing a piece of Eastern Red Cedar that is crosscut for awhile now, and I'm thinking.....

Scott (it's a big chunk too) B

miket812

I need to order that mandrel. I have always used red heads from the big box store. they work but are weak after a few pens. That looks stronger. Your pens look great and the shape is nice as well.

Top Bottom