Another Teachers Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cherie

Cherie

I made this all from corian. I rather like how it came out and it works!!! Now I can get the pen from Scottys teacher and fix it for her!:tongue:

Attachments

• P1170019.jpg
    P1170019.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 242
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

Looks good. How do you like working with corian?
Does it take much to polish up?

I've been toying with the idea of picking up one of these 100 lots of corian on ebay to use to make a bunch of slimlines, and streamlines, to have a good inventory of low end pens for the shows.

Last edited:

jd99

I love working with corian and this came out totally awesome and works! But you must have sharp tools!

Sharp tools aren't a problem I have a wolverine system, I'm curious on how much it can be polished up. Do you wet sand and finish with MM, or do you have to do something else.

Never turned corian before, but I may try after seeing what it looks like.

Cherie

I love working with corian and this came out totally awesome and works! But you must have sharp tools!

Sharp tools aren't a problem I have a wolverine system, I'm curious on how much it can be polished up. Do you wet sand and finish with MM, or do you have to do something else.

Never turned corian before, but I may try after seeing what it looks like.

Danny, I sand with the regular grits up to 600 or 800 and then wet sand with the MM up to 12000. I then use a couple of coats of HUT's ultra gloss plastic polish. Shines up really nice! Hope this helps. I am waiting on my carbide tool to come in and that will cut back on my sharpening since I am not very good at that.

Cherie

Scott, that corian almost looks like acrylic when you look at it in person. This picture does no justice for this pen.

Top Bottom