Another striped and spiralled pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ericofpendom

ericofpendom

Here is another one of my polyester resin pen blanks on a Sierra kit. The slices are just opposed alternately on this one.
Hope you like it, thanks for looking. C&C's welcome.
Eric...

Attachments

• IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 234
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very cool and unique! I'm intrigued though, I can't figure out how you slice them without losing a lot of material to the kerf of the blade. It looks as if you would spin & stack them they would match up perfectly. By all means, if it's a process you prefer to keep to yourself I understand. Those are really neat!

ericofpendom

Very cool and unique! I'm intrigued though, I can't figure out how you slice them without losing a lot of material to the kerf of the blade. It looks as if you would spin & stack them they would match up perfectly. By all means, if it's a process you prefer to keep to yourself I understand. Those are really neat!

Thanks for your kind comments. No secret to cutting them up, I use a table top bandsaw with a 24tpi blade. The kerf is probably around 1mm. The fact that the blanks are just stripes meant that they still line line up.
Hope this helps.
Eric...

Thanks for your kind comments. No secret to cutting them up, I use a table top bandsaw with a 24tpi blade. The kerf is probably around 1mm. The fact that the blanks are just stripes meant that they still line line up.
Hope this helps.
Eric...

And the light goes on! I knew how you made them but overthought how they looked after being glued up. Thanks for making me see the obvious.

Top Bottom