Another stamp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Since my mold was sized for 2 sierra's I made a second stamp pen. This one is using Christmas themed stamps. I can see I am going to need to make some bigger molds.

Attachments

• stamp2.png
    stamp2.png
    648.2 KB · Views: 211
  • stamps2a.png
    stamps2a.png
    673.7 KB · Views: 166
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

I tried stamps before but the ink ran on them. How do you keep that from happening???
Brian

Luck? I hope you mean the black ink they use to cancel the stamps. I try and use stamps that have very little cancel marks on them and the glue I use to stick the stamps to the tube may seal it. I use a glue from Artquest called PPA (perfect paper adhesive). Supposed to be good for artwork so maybe thats it.

TBCbushings

I used CA to seal them and that's what made the ink run.... The stamp itself ran not the stamp ....These were unused stamps...
Brian

PenMan1

CA makes both laser color decals and unused stamps "bleed" in my shop, too. The problem is not as pronounced on ink jet decals, but there is some "bleed".

I have found that a coat of clear gloss Modge Podge applied 24 hours before thin CA with no rubbing(lathe running, no rubbing, NO ACCELERATOR) makes an acceptable product. I have ordered PPA, but have not used it as yet.

I hope this helps!

Top Bottom