Another Snake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SuperDave

SuperDave

I finished my first Snake Skin. The Alumilite turns like butter (as everyone has said). I am pleased with the pen and Bruce did a great job on the blanks. I will get more down the road.

However, though blanks were crystal clear, when I followed my usual finishing protocol, I could not get the same clarity to return. Do those that use Alumilite follow the same finishing routine as with Acrylic or PR or do you do something different? Would love to get the came clarity as Bruce did when he cast the blanks.

Dave

2008128175155_Snake%20Skin.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Dave,wonderful job..Alumilite has some great qualities but one of its pitfalls is that it does not finish with as much of a shine as PR,one more thing I noticed because I've done the same thing,you have the scales running from bottom to top on the bottom barrel and top to bottom on the upper.

doddman70

I don't know about the finising with the alumilite as i turn pr but i have heard others talk about the same problem. but nice job on the pen it looks great!!!!!:D

SuperDave

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN

I noticed because I've done the same thing,you have the scales running from bottom to top on the bottom barrel and top to bottom on the upper.

Bruce charged me extra for this one-of-a-kind set of blanks. He said they were from two snakes that died during a fight, which supposedly doesn't happen too often, according to Bruce. When they find these skins, they have a hard time separating the two snakes, so both skins come off as one.

Or maybe it was the female snake that was caught while eating its young... That might be the other set of rare blanks Bruce sold me for my Baron kit. I can't remember for sure, they all looked the same to me.

You think I got took?

VisExp

Originally posted by SuperDave

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN

I noticed because I've done the same thing,you have the scales running from bottom to top on the bottom barrel and top to bottom on the upper.

Bruce charged me extra for this one-of-a-kind set of blanks. He said they were from two snakes that died during a fight, which supposedly doesn't happen too often, according to Bruce. When they find these skins, they have a hard time separating the two snakes, so both skins come off as one.

Or maybe it was the female snake that was caught while eating its young... That might be the other set of rare blanks Bruce sold me for my Baron kit. I can't remember for sure, they all looked the same to me.

You think I got took?

Yup, you got took. The way the scales are going it is obvious the two snakes are slithering away from each other ;)

Nice pen. I was one of the unobservant ones who didn't notice the direction of the scales until I started reading the posts [:I]

Top Bottom