Another slimline (sort of)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Here is an adaptation ot the "signature pen" in an article by
Angleo Iafrates. The article uses parts from a slimline and a euro but mine is from one slimline kit. Jay Pickens showed me his rendition and challenged me to make mine. I used Jay's article from the home page to counter sink the clip and finial. The resin on the ends came from Cave Creek Castings...Thanks Anthony! Comments welcome.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200541825444_Dons%20challenge.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Okay Lou and Jim, here't the secret....really easy and classy looking I think. If more info is needed, just let me know. Thanks for the favorable words.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200541833923_dons%20challenge%20apart.jpg
<br />

its_virgil

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Okay Lou and Jim, here't the secret....really easy and classy looking I think. If more info is needed, just let me know. Just realized the refill is not in, but I think you can see what you need. Thanks for the favorable words.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200541833923_dons%20challenge%20apart.jpg
<br />

PenWorks

Very nice design on the pen Don. Came out really well.
I'm loosing it, can't even remember sending you any resin.
You weren't snooping around my shop, were you [:D]
I would like to see a pic of how the clip looks counter sunk.
I have never seen this kit (in person) or made one of those.

its_virgil

Anthony,
You added the resin blanks with the Jr. Statesman bulk order you orgainzed a couple of months back. I've been waiting to do something special with it. The kit is just a slimline kit with a little customization. Look at the article on the IAP home page entiltled "Finial Options" by Jay Pickens....scroll dowm and on the right. I can post a closeup picture of the clip end if you still want to see it. I can do that tomorrow.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

driften

Very nice! I have been wanting to do one of those. Was it hard getting the tubes glued in with the section where the tube is short or where the tube is long?

PenWorks

Don, I tried the link to Jay's instructions on clips, it does not open.
Also, who made the singnature pen, I could not find it. Does it come as a 7mm twist pen?

its_virgil

Anthony,
I'll email you Jay's article and the snake skin info later this evening. The signature pen was made by Angelo Iafrates and used parts from two pen kits. He wrote an anrticle that was published in one of the mags. I can send you the article if you wish. Email me so I will have your address and can send you the attachments. The pen I made is on a slimline chasis. Look for an email later this evening.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom