Another Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cowchaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowchaser

Here is another Sierra made with super curly maple (fiddleback) from bigrob. Tried this tonight turning between centers using some scotch tape on the standard bushings to tighten them up till I get my customs in. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. It's a poor photo, didn't have much light (good excuse anyways).I'll try and get a better one in the morning.

2007111461936_5.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cowchaser

Honestly I do to. I have been trying to work with just the skew. I got this to the point where there was going to be very little sanding and started getting nervous if I took off anymore I was going to get a catch and ruin it. So I stopped with what I had. Does seem a little proud in the center. Thanks for the comments.

carverken

Just a thought. In my earlier days when I was unsure of my skew skills, I have been known to resort to the 80 grit gouge.[;)] Practice on the "lesser woods" Do what you have to on the good woods[;)][:D]

OSCAR15

Beautiful pen Dustin. I also prefer the skew, but I always round off the square blank with gouge first. Catching is always a possibility using a skew. I practiced my skew technique on scrap wood that i cut in 3/4 in. square blanks, turning them center to center...This way, I could get technique down pat before I destroyed expensive blanks. Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom