Another Show Donation!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

I have two shows in Texas that are a month apart and 30 miles apart, both very good shows and both have asked for a donation of art from the artist for a Dinner and cocktail party the night before the shows. These will be actioned off and the all artist get to attend and feathered on their web sites. A few weeks ago I showed the first one with Tru-stone pens this one is the same except with Tortoise Shell .
IMG_1724-1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Roy!!

Yes, I am cheap!

Now, when the above set picks up a $500 bid, why doesn't the sponsor take 30% of that off your booth fee??

This would still benefit the sponsor, BUT it would ENCOURAGE the artists to donate prizes of the caliber you are showing. EVERYONE wins.

Now you can suggest it and say it wasn't YOUR idea (after all you are kind and generous and magnamous), but you saw it somewhere, may have been done in Chicago or something--just looked like an idea worth considering.

FWIW!!

OKLAHOMAN

Hey Roy!!

Yes, I am cheap!

Now, when the above set picks up a $500 bid, why doesn't the sponsor take 30% of that off your booth fee??

This would still benefit the sponsor, BUT it would ENCOURAGE the artists to donate prizes of the caliber you are showing. EVERYONE wins.

Now you can suggest it and say it wasn't YOUR idea (after all you are kind and generous and magnamous), but you saw it somewhere, may have been done in Chicago or something--just looked like an idea worth considering.

FWIW!!

We all know your a skin flint, but that's not a bad idea, maybe a sliding scale 10% off booth to 30% according to the final auction price......see how it became my idea:rolleyes:

BTW, did your leprechaun eat some bad Italian food???

His stomach keeps flashing -- looks serious.

It's what happens when you mix potatoes and pasta!!!!!!!

PaulSF

The pens are beautiful, but did you engrave the "tortoise shell naples..." onto the display box? Because if you did, you spelled "fountain" incorrectly.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The pens are beautiful, but did you engrave the "tortoise shell naples..." onto the display box? Because if you did, you spelled "fountain" incorrectly.

Paul,
I had the same reaction, but it is also very crooked, so I am guessing it is typed over the picture to identify it for us.

OKLAHOMAN

Not engraved, just typed over.....will fix another fat fingered mistake....

OKLAHOMAN

Jeff seems the avatar is copyrighted to a Mr. Pink Uni and I was forced to change it. But I now feel much better that the littl Irish potato head is gone and I proudly show my new Italian Pizza Chief Avatar...

mrburls

Roy, That is an awesome set of pens and the display case really sets them off. Beautiful work. Should bring some bucks.

Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom