Another ship pen,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Since I started reading those Patrick O'Brian novels all I can think about are sailing ships. This is watercolor on holly with CA.

200741182456_Aubry1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Absolutely beatiful - don't see why you can't compete with thepaintedpen.com. Up there with the best. Nice job and thanks for sharing.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jamie, that is fantastic. Good choice of kit too, the Panache really allows you to show off the artwork. Very well done[:D]

Jamie

Thank you all for your kind words.
There were a couple questions;
I use holly and when the blank is sanded to about 600 grit I have a squeeze bottle of 1/2 water and 1/2 latex paint, whatever color our walls are, eggshell I think, anyway I squeeze a little on a paper towel and apply it sparingly with the lathe running then sand lightly when dry. It does not change the color of the wood. That treatment seems to seal the wood and keeps the watercolor from traveling up the grain or blotching. As for the time it took, I painted it in a couple of hours but then I would notice something wrong every time I looked at it so after about a week of corrections I just finished it before I overdid it. I have a tendency to overdo.
And for the Patrick O'Brian fan, I am almost finished with "The Yellow Admiral", Book # 18 of the 20 novel set. I don't want it to end.

Randy_

Originally posted by Jamie
<br />.....And for the Patrick O'Brian fan, I am almost finished with "The Yellow Admiral", Book # 18 of the 20 novel set. I don't want it to end.

Jamie: That pen looks great!! And thanks for the heads-up on Patrick O'Brian. I love that kind of literature; but PO was unknown to me. I visited the library tonight and picked up the first three books of the series and am very much looking forward to reading them

BTW, your love affair with Mr. O'Brian won't end quite as soon as you expect. According to my exploration of the Internet, there are actually 21 books.....20-1/2 stories. O'Brian had a novel in process when he passed away and the partial manuscript has been published.....entitled, appropriately enough, "21." Additionally, he wrote several other non-nautical novels, some short stories, and biographies of Picasso and Sir John Banks(whoever that may be?) so there is a bunch of other Patrick O'Brian stuff out there if you are interested.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom