Another Ribbon Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jwalt191

jwalt191

This is another ribbon pen with a cartridge. I left the cartridge without a finish for a more natural look. The ribbon is the first one I have done with a nickel plated tube. The nickel really makes the colors pop out at you, and even the clear on the ends seam clearer, if thats possable. this was done for a trade with a knifemaker. I will post a pick of the knife and everyone can see if it was worth it. Thanks for looking. Comment are always welcome.

Attachments

• 100_9655.JPG
    100_9655.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_9654.JPG
    100_9654.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

td

Banned
As always Jim your work is incredible. Agree about the nickle....it really pops! Keep up the good work.

BTY - will we see you and Shelly at SWAT?

Jim,
I like your pen.. great work... I can't see the ribbon well enough to know if this is regular silk or rayon ribbon or maybe a ribbon off a war metal, or a type of Christmas ribbon. I don't cast yet as I don't have the set up, but would like to give it a try...

the knife would not have been my choice, but to each his own... I think the knife maker got the better end of the deal..

jskeen

Having done both knife and pen work, I'd say it probably came out about even. I'd be curious how the tang of the knife is fixed into the casing before I'd trade for one myself, but it looks to be nicely done, and probably worth keeping around on a desk for opening letters, ect.

Of course the ultimate test is how it feels in the hand, and how well you like it. Or, how well they sell, if that's your intention.

James

MDEdwards

Jim the ribbon and cartridge look great. I don't know much about casting yet, I love what I've seen. Would you mind making more to share. I have a casing that will be a Christmas gift for a three times Purple Heart recipeint and twice shot down door gunner aquaintence. I was planning to use purpleheart for the top, but your campaign ribbon is is way better. Would it be too thick to back it with fatigue fabric? If you are willing to sell me a blank, I'll provide my PayPal account info.
Also as a service member with friends that have 'boots on the ground' during Desert Storm, OEF and OIF; I would be interested in seeing ribbons from those campaigns. You have a good idea. These will be very meaningful to many, 'Chuck'.
Regards,
Michael
Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom