ANOTHER REALISTIC CIGAR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

Here is another realistic pen I turned this week I used left over parts from a kit I had sitting around. Blank is Brown Mallee Burl from Austrailia, fittings are 24k Gold, and finish is 8 coats of thick CA dulled down. Screw threads are countersunk in barrel and cap is inside tip. Ash is Blackwood with grey bands running through it. No band, as I am going to display it sitting in an ash tray with ashes. You could always add a band from a customers favorate cigar. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0011 (640x438).jpg
    DSCF0011 (640x438).jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCF0012 (640x330).jpg
    DSCF0012 (640x330).jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:confused::confused: A couple penturners PMed me and asked what kit parts I used for this pen, and how I put the threaded insert into the ash end so the band didn't show. Here are the methods I used. The parts I had left over were from a CSUSA Executive. The threaded insert in the ash end was turned down to 1/2 inch, and inserted into a 1/2 inch hole the length of the insert drilled into the cap end. You don't need a metal lathe to reduce the insert, or if you have larger drills, go up a drill size or two until the insert fits . The tip of the main body was cut off at the standard tube length and set aside. The cap was pressed into the main body. The tip was drilled out to except and hide the cap, than added to the main body along with the Blackwood ash on the other end with thin CA. A 4 jaw chuck and live center were used to turn the entire pen at once. Drill a small draw hole in the tip end to except the live center. By adding 1 inch of ash, and 3/4 inch on the tip end, you now have a pen that measures 6 inches long. If you go any longer, it will not fit into a plastic tube pen holder or some pen cases. Many cigars are longer than 6 inches. Every pen I make in this style requires a different method depending on the parts used or the cigar I am duplicating. These pens can easly be made on a Slimline kit if you so choose to practice before up-grading in kit and blank price. Hope this helps, Jim S

Last edited:
I just love the looks of these pens. You guys that make them do a great job I cannot get over the ash end of them. Really nice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom