Another polymer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gwilki

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwilki

This one is red and metallic grey clay. My wife rolled spaghetti of both, then braided them together, then did it again. She does the baking, and I take it from there. We don't wrap the clay around the tubes. I drill the blank like any other, and glue the tubes in.

20071029201846_1-lr.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gwilki

Tks for the kudos, guys. Gerry: this one has 3 coats of pre-cat lacquer on it. I know that others use a CA finish on these, but the fumes are starting to get to my eyes, so I've been using pre-cat on all my pens for a while now.

les-smith

Good job. I'm planning on trying to drill the next time I do one. When you finish mixing the clay do you mold it square or is it round? I figured I would mold it square so the vise would hold it good. I haven't done the metalic clay yet, but after seeing yours I'm going to get some.

gwilki

Thanks again, guys. Les: My wife rolls them round, like a tootsie roll, put them on foil on a cookie sheet and bakes them. My pen vise holds round with no problem, and it prevents any chipping by having to turn the sharp edges off. It drills so easily that it doesn't take much to hold it still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom