Another Plexiglass Stabilizing Attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

This one is from the second batch of Plexiglas stabilized corn cobs.
Some might recall I used a thicker solution the second time.
It will probably be the last of trying this method because it still did take a lot of CA to fill in voids .
Actually, I think I prefer the polyurethane stabilizing over the plexi method. .
There is one more method I would like to try and I almost did a few weeks ago until I found the price of Minwax hardener to be about $14.00 a can around here and those cans are not very big at all.
So I went into google this morning and MY GOSH . . what a spread of prices on the same product . Anywhere from $7.23 to $12.00.
I was thinking of getting several cans and at $7.23 , even with S/H , I would still be ahead over buying it locally.
I feel I must try that product just to satisfy myself if it is worth the price and if it works really good, then it would be worth the price considering stabilized blanks cost $4.00 and up to buy .
W.Y.
PlexiCob.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

The cob looks good. Try moving your thread into the casting section where people are discussing the Plexi-glass and minwax all the time. I've read a lot about all the methods, but I have done none of them, and because I have done none and it didn't pertain to me at the time, I have forgotten most of what I've read.

W.Y.

Thanks Jeff.
I am not sure how to move it but perhaps an administrator will.
I will surely go there and read up on the topics there as soon as I get chance. .

W.Y.

Top Bottom