Another Pine Cone Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

A topic on my own WWF site showed other things that can be turned from pine cones which reminded me that I ran out of pine cone pens again long ago so I grabbed another cone out of my big box full of them and made another pen. This time a Sierra Vista. .

Six coats of BLO/CA finish applied 15 to 20 seconds apart followed by One Step polish and then Carnuba wax.

373004810.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

That looks great!

Not to hi-jack your thread but.... is the only way to get pine cones to do it yourself? Does anyone sell them? I'm probably not in the market for one at this moment with my cash-flow, but just for future knowledge. Thanks!

W.Y.

That looks great!

Not to hi-jack your thread but.... is the only way to get pine cones to do it yourself? Does anyone sell them? I'm probably not in the market for one at this moment with my cash-flow, but just for future knowledge. Thanks!

Do you mean do I sell the comleted pens as shown ? Yes I do and they sure don't stay in my inventory for long.

Just today one of my members posted a whole bunch of cones ready for turning in my Buy/Sell baord at what I think is close to a give-away price because those cones come at a high price on some sales sites and usually come as the whole large cone for extra S/H . . He even has the scales all sawn off and has them squared up into pen blanks. I have seen some listed as high as $45.00 each on some sales sites.

For further particulars my email address is listed in my signatures below .

W.Y.

What kind of pine cones are they? The ones around here are not thick enough in the center to turn. Thanks Rich H.
Same around here.
Those cones are grown primarily in the California area . They are Coulter and/or Sugar cones .
I was lucky to get a big box full of them at a grage sale from someone that had visted way down south . Got them for $1.00 each and took all .
Google for Coulter pine cones and you will see what they are selling for .

RDH79

Thanks I will see what i can find. I had bought a couple from someone one here. They were ready to turn. I didn't have any trouble selling them. Thanks Rich H.

W.Y.

Thanks I will see what i can find. I had bought a couple from someone one here. They were ready to turn. I didn't have any trouble selling them. Thanks Rich H.

The ones on the Buy/Sell board in my site sold out within hours. The offer is now deleted and he is preparing more to post when he gets them done . He says he has at least 100 more to post in small batches when he gets them ready. I am sure they will not last long either.

Top Bottom