Another Perfume Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KDM

KDM

Really pleased with the blank. A solid cyninder of red, case into a cylinder of white, sliced up and cast into an irridescent muddy green.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

That *is* a great looking blank and you've turned it into a cool looking perfume pen.

How many individual castings? Did you cast the red, then turn; cast/turn the white; and then finally cast and turn the green? How many pen blanks did you get out of each stage?

-Barry

KDM

How many individual castings? Did you cast the red, then turn; cast/turn the white; and then finally cast and turn the green? How many pen blanks did you get out of each stage?

I cast the red using a 10mm water pipe as a mould. Then, I set that red rod into a 15mm water pipe and filled it with white resin. Last, I sliced that white with red core and dropped the pieces into my 60x20x120 mould (I haven't documented it, but it's similar to the 7x blank mould I made here) and cast it in green.

The result was 3 decent pen blanks and no waste.

Here's one of teh blanks rough cut and another turned and lightly polished.

You can't see it terribly well, but the topmost blanks are made from black rods cast into deep purple irridescent tubes cast into a black solid. Subtle, but they are going to make a real stonking set of executive pens.

KDM

Heh. I found a photo of the blank being made. This is the red PR bar set into a white PR bar, sliced up, waiting to have the muddy irridescent green poured over it.

Top Bottom