Another Pentel Conversion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Parrott

Dale Parrott

I'm still making these and getting better with the finish. This Pentel was made from 45 degree cut Texas Mesquite and has a CA finish that feels like glass.
Hope you like it.

DSCF5966800x600_zps2495e4d9.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Zakian

Pentel Conversions

Real nice fit and finish. I love making the Pentel conversions, and others enjoy their reliability. The only thing I, and the others, dislike is having to use the Pentel clip if a clip is desired. I would love to find another clip, or a way to attach a clip in a different way. Anyone out there with any thoughts or successes with other clips?

Last edited:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Real nice fit and finish. I love making the Pentel conversions, and others enjoy their reliability. The only thing I, and the others, dislike is having to use the Pentel clip if a clip is desired. I would love to find another clip, or a way to attach a clip in a different way. Anyone out there with any thoughts or successes with other clips?
Here's a way to incorporate a different clip. Make the original blank a little longer, cut a 1" piece off and drill to fit a tenon on the lower piece which has the OD of a clip ID. You can also make the push button by using the original as an insert to what ever you choose. Just make the top hole a little larger to fit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pentel unfinished with clip.JPG
    Pentel unfinished with clip.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Corian pencil.JPG
    Corian pencil.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 267

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
That's an interesting concept Bruce and may just have to give that a try. I am curious as to the nib in your picture as it doesn't look Pentel.
The nib is custom as well. The threads on a Pentel are 4mm x .5. I made a brass insert for the nib with those threads (tap bought on ebay). The hole for the lead is made using very small drill bits - I think its a #62 or close to that for the 9mm lead. A little tricky to get it centered but achievable.

Top Bottom