Another pen, Another step

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
Toward kitless.

I went closed end and did away with the finial and posting threads. I decided to try the regular pen mandrel set up for closed end. I also figured out how to get rid of the 2 bands that go on the cap bottom. My only regret... I shoulda blackened the bottom half of the cap bottom, so it would have hid inside the material. I guess i was so consumed with getting rid of those goofy little bands that i didnt think about the metal showing thru.

Attachments

• my pen closed cropped.jpg
    my pen closed cropped.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 237
  • my pen open cropped.jpg
    my pen open cropped.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 249
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
i forgot to mention, that is one of my homebrews wrapped around that thing. A three color pour i have not named.

redfishsc

i forgot to mention, that is one of my homebrews wrapped around that thing. A three color pour i have not named.

I want to call it "raspberry rootbeer" for some reason.

Regardless of what you call it, it's very cool! The shape of the end fit the shape of the cap well. Nicely executed!

RAdams

Banned
Well it must be ok, It just sold my first ever costum order fountain pen! A guy emailed me off of a local listing and looked at / wrote with this pen and decided he had to have one of his own! Of course his will be totally different than mine, but my first fountain sale none the less!

Top Bottom