Another pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kd5nay

Kd5nay

This is my second pen. I made it for my wife as her college colors were blue and orange. I bought the blank and kit from woodcraft. Eventually I'll get brave enough to try something unique. :) Until then y'all will just have to forgive me for the 'boring' posts. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kd5nay

Well Forum Runner still wont let me add photos so I had to get on computer. Here is the pen.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 207

jasontg99

Andrew,

The pen looks amazing for your second pen. A little constructive criticism, the blank looks a tad underturned at the centerband.

Jason

Kd5nay

jasontg99 said:
Andrew,

The pen looks amazing for your second pen. A little constructive criticism, the blank looks a tad underturned at the centerband.

Jason

Jason, thanks! And you're absolutely right about the center band. I turned it exactly to the bushing and this is what I ended up with. I'm gonna turn new bushings on my metal lathe before I do another pen

jasontg99

Andrew,

You have discovered the problem with turning the end of the blank to the bushing size instead of the edge of the tenon to the bushing. A micrometer will eliminate this problem. Looking forward to seeing your next pen!

Jason

Top Bottom