another painted one :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jssmith3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jssmith3

this is a cushionless kit :) with a painted beautiful bay laurel blank from Woodcraft. Comments always welcome.
Janet ;)

tn_P1000729.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice painted pen Janet. We expect nothing less from you. I'm headed your way in a couple of weeks...going to Chama for a few days of trout fishing. Thanks for sharing your new pen.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by jssmith3
<br />this is a cushionless kit :) with a painted beautiful bay laurel blank from Woodcraft. Comments always welcome.
Janet ;)

tn_P1000729.jpg

penbros

Ahh, pleasure for the eyes. That really is a beautiful pen. It kind of seems that the figure of the wood destracts you from the beauty of the painting.

Wait is that wood? The figure that I think Im seeing may be paint.

jssmith3

Ok Bill, come to Albuquerque and I will teach you how to paint yourself a pen. I just wouldn't be able to sleep if ya sold your stuff, just send it to me instead ok :) I cannot afford the expensive kits so I have to fix up the cheaper ones. I do a lot of trash to treasure in my world .
Janet :)

quote]Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Okay, that does it... I quit! Anybody want to buy two lathes and about $5000 worth of kits, blanks and accessories?[}:)][:p]
[/quote]

jssmith3

Originally posted by penbros
<br />Ahh, pleasure for the eyes. That really is a beautiful pen. It kind of seems that the figure of the wood destracts you from the beauty of the painting.

Wait is that wood? The figure that I think Im seeing may be paint.

Hi Will, the wood is Bay Laurel burl. It has a lot of fantastic grain patterns in it. I will soon be doing some that has both the heart wood and sapwood, and I probably won't paint it just to make Bill happy [:D][}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />
Originally posted by jssmith3
<br />... I do a lot of trash to treasure in my world .

Treasure indeed, Janet, treasure indeed! And don't stop painting them just because I don't have any talent![;)]

Janet, I agree with Billy completely!!

However, Billy-perhaps you do not have THIS talent, many of us believe you have PLENTY of other talents in penmaking!!

jssmith3

Well said Ed, See Bill, I am not the only one who thinks you have talent. Maybe some day I will paint you one but you have to agree to write with it flowers and all [:D][;)][}:)]
Have a great day guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom